
I'm finally on Summer Vacation, and I officially have two weeks off, despite having to put in a half day next week. This means I've got a lot of time on my hands. I'm also pregnant, which means unfortunately I don't have a whole heck of a lot of ambition. I'm attempting to save what ambition I do have for a week long class I'm taking in a couple of weeks. It's Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, and those long days are going to require me to use all the focus and mental energy I have left at this point (I didn't have a lot to begin with!)
So instead of cleaning, working, and doing the things I should be doing, I've taken to sitting on the couch with my shirt pulled up above my belly like a middle aged man, and just literally staring at my belly (blinds drawn, of course). It's fun! Because at this point my belly jumps around as if it has a mind of it's own, which I suppose it sort of does. Sometimes it's just little jitters, like there's an earthquake rumbling in there, and other times it looks like the lil' cooligan might be trying to bust out through the front of me. Either way, it's highly entertaining for me.
I also recently discovered that if I press lightly around my belly, I can locate him. I have no idea at this point if I'm feeling an arm, leg, head or what, but I like to find him and then feel him move away (he must really love this game...). He'll probably be born giving me the evil eye for bugging and poking him 24/7. But isn't that a mother's job?
In other news, baby is apparently the size of an eggplant at this point (25 weeks today). I Don't know why I find this so amusing, but I really do. :)

2 comments:
I think that he is reaching out to his soul sista' (me) and is sad that he cannot engage in family karaoke!!! If he takes after us, lord help him...I mean what a dancer he will be!!!!
I bet it is so awesome to feel new movements or movements in areas you have not before each day/each week.
Do you feel that certain foods trigger more movements?
It is because you already have the "motherly love" and you are letting those feelings be known to your lil' cooligan. He is just responding! :>
Post a Comment