
Today is our third anniversary!
Three years seem to have gone by in the blink of an eye, and so much has happened since then! I got my job, Brian got tenure, we bought a house, we're having a baby... It's been an incredible three years, and I think we agree that there's very little we'd change, if anything at all.
In light of the massive amounts of stuff we need to buy for this baby, coupled with the fact that it's summer and we're living off of very small paychecks, we've decided not to do anything today to celebrate. Brian did, however, get up super early and went out to get me two of my favorite things: A decaf soy latte from Cafe Kubal (which is the best coffee shop, EVER) and a sesame bagel with jalapeno cream cheese from Brueggers. I am a very happy girl this morning. :)
We spent the previous weekend with Brian's parents, and got to celebrate there. On Thursday night, we visited with his Uncle Denis and Aunt Rita from New York City, who we never see. Then, on Friday morning, Brian went fishing with his dad while his mom and I went out shopping in Rochester. We had a great time, and I got a jumpstart on maternity clothes for fall, when I actually have to start dressing up again for work. That night, we headed out to Suzanne for dinner. Suzanne is a local restaraunt that uses all locally grown organic produce, most of which is
grown right on the presmises, and all other local products. Our table overlooked Seneca lake, which was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the menu even said "Happy 3rd anniversary Brian and Kristeen" across the top. Nice!! Finally, on Saturday, after our trip to Ithaca, we had crablegs for dinner. Crablegs!! My favorite!
The whole weekend was great, but let me shed some light on the best part. Here is the list of what I had for dinner those three nights: Thursday - Fried Haddock. Friday - sea scallop appetizer, baked cod entree. Saturday - crab legs. People, it was a seafood lover's dream. (Don't worry, none of these varieties of fish are on the "avoid" list during pregnancy.) Needless to say, my weight gain is up... although still within the normal zone, and I am very, very happy :)
Here's to three super happy years, to our last anniversary with no kids and to many, many more years!!

In light of the massive amounts of stuff we need to buy for this baby, coupled with the fact that it's summer and we're living off of very small paychecks, we've decided not to do anything today to celebrate. Brian did, however, get up super early and went out to get me two of my favorite things: A decaf soy latte from Cafe Kubal (which is the best coffee shop, EVER) and a sesame bagel with jalapeno cream cheese from Brueggers. I am a very happy girl this morning. :)We spent the previous weekend with Brian's parents, and got to celebrate there. On Thursday night, we visited with his Uncle Denis and Aunt Rita from New York City, who we never see. Then, on Friday morning, Brian went fishing with his dad while his mom and I went out shopping in Rochester. We had a great time, and I got a jumpstart on maternity clothes for fall, when I actually have to start dressing up again for work. That night, we headed out to Suzanne for dinner. Suzanne is a local restaraunt that uses all locally grown organic produce, most of which is
grown right on the presmises, and all other local products. Our table overlooked Seneca lake, which was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the menu even said "Happy 3rd anniversary Brian and Kristeen" across the top. Nice!! Finally, on Saturday, after our trip to Ithaca, we had crablegs for dinner. Crablegs!! My favorite!The whole weekend was great, but let me shed some light on the best part. Here is the list of what I had for dinner those three nights: Thursday - Fried Haddock. Friday - sea scallop appetizer, baked cod entree. Saturday - crab legs. People, it was a seafood lover's dream. (Don't worry, none of these varieties of fish are on the "avoid" list during pregnancy.) Needless to say, my weight gain is up... although still within the normal zone, and I am very, very happy :)
Here's to three super happy years, to our last anniversary with no kids and to many, many more years!!


6 comments:
When I first read this I said to myself. Kristeen! Today is the 10th not the 12th! then I allowed my cursor to hover over the time and whoops! It is the 12th! Can I tell you how many things I've dated today with the 10th?? 4! Two pages of a rental contract and 2 checks! Seriously! sleep deprivation is not good for the brain.
Oh and.. Happy Anniversary!! (see what I mean...space cadet!)
Happy Anniversary!
You guys are just theee cutest! Happy Belated Anniversary! xoxo Mr. & Mrs. J
Happy belated anniversary. Sorry I was away b/c you know I typically stalk your blog. I missed 3 postings..what a busy week you had!!!! Glad to hear you had the anniversary that you wanted, small but simple and memorable..those are always the BEST!!!
this blog made me tear up a little. brian is so good to you. so thoughtful! it's the little things that count, and food is definitely the way to my heart as well :)
Post a Comment