Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

What Nerds Like Me Get Excited About...

I'm so excited!! I'm being truly nerdy here, but I'm okay with that... because I'm just that excited about my most recent discovery!

I recently learned that the type of diaper covers (Thirsties) we intend to use makes a new version (Thirsties Duo) which have three rows of snaps to adjust the rise, making it possible to make it from birth to potty training with only 2 sizes of diaper cover rather than several. But this isn't why I'm excited.

While browsing the Thirsties website, I searched for retailers. Turns out, there's one in Ithaca. TURNS OUT... that the store in Ithaca is Jillian's Drawers, which is the site I've been frequenting for information, and does the Cloth Diaper Trial program that I talked about a few posts ago. Right in Ithaca-- who knew?? But again, that's not all... (spoken in my best informercial voice.)

Jillian's Drawers also offers free Cloth Diapering classes each month, in which they walk you through all the different types of CD's and how to care for, use, select and work with them. Hooray.

The cherry on top of this discovery is that tomorrow they're having a sidewalk sale-- all CD's (some used, some new) on sale, and lots of other good baby stuff on sale as well. Ithaca is only about an hour and a half from us, and 30 minutes or so from Brian's parents house, so I'm excited to have found a real, tangible, non-internet only store that's close enough to get to.

Nerdy? Yep. But that's me, through and through :)

3 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I would have guessed Ithaca would have such a store. When I come to visit you, I am going to visit my friend who lives in Ithaca and it is such an earth friendly small store (non-internet) type atmosphere. I will have to tell my friend b/c she will be excited and may post something about it b/c she loves to know a lot of things about Ithaca.

Julie said...

i love ithaca. i wish that i lived there, but there aren't many job opportunities in that area for matt or i. great hiking though!

Erin said...

There is a store like that in West Hartford. When we were planning on cloth diapering the boys, we went and talked to the ladies in the store, and they were very helpful. I couldn't get "on board" with a lot of their natural parenting ideas (um, seriously -- your 3 year old is running around with a sippy cup of breast milk? Excuse me while I go puke ...), but they were very helpful with answering questions about diapers!