Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

NOW he's excited!

Brian has been trying to feel the baby move for a few weeks now, to no avail. I swear I can feel him move from the outside if I put some pressure (okay, quite a bit of pressure...) on the part of my belly where I feel it at that particular moment. So, I'll take Brian's hand and put it right in that area in the hopes that he'll feel it too. But, either I'm imagining the sensation outside since I know when it's happening inside, or the baby just completely relaxes and stops squirming when Brian puts his hands on my belly. (If it's the latter, I hope this is true once he's born as well-- wouldn't that be nice?)

Finally, on Wednesday night, baby was kicking high-- like way above my belly button, where it seems easier for me to feel it externally. So I grabbed Brian's hand and this time, we got lucky. The baby kicked in that same spot again, and MUCH harder. Usually I ask "Did you feel that? how about that? Now?" But, this time, it was pretty apparent by the look in Brian's face that he'd felt something. He lit up like a kid, it was very sweet. Hooray!

4 comments:

Becky said...

So fun! Yeah Brian! I remember the early days when I would call Sean from the other room because the baby was kicking and by the time he got to me he had stopped. By the end we were getting kicked so frequently that Sean no longer came running!

Erin said...

That's so fun! Wait until you can start tracing the movement of limbs across your belly. The nurses at the hospital always laughed during my NSTs b/c being pregnant with the octopus (get it? 8 limbs??), there was always an elbow or knee or butt sticking out somewhere!

Sarah B. said...

YAY Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same thing happened with Miguel that happened with Sean and Becky. Every time I called him to come feel, baby would stop kicking. But when he finally felt it, he was SO excited.

Julie said...

good for brian!