Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

If I'm Having a Boy... Why Do I Turn Everything Pink?

I am officially a freak. Yes, I know many of you considered me to be a freak before, but I've made that even easier to confirm now. Here's the story:

A while back when Brian bought me the Bebesounds fetal heart monitor (which hasn't worked yet, FYI), I noticed that after we tried it a number of times, the little foam pad on the back of the listening piece that goes on the belly had started to turn pink. We contemplated this and decided that it was either some weird, random reaction, or maybe it was a security thing so that you couldn't use the monitor and then bring it back. No big deal.

Then, a few weeks ago, I noticed that my nails turned pinkish after they had grown out to a certain length. I chalked it up to a brief nail-polish experience but figured it could also have been some sort of food I'd handled... strawberries? Tomatoes? Whatever, I just cut them and forgot about them. Again, no big deal.

Now, today, I see that my nails have started to turn pink again... what the heck! I definitely didn't do any food prep, so I genuinely have no idea what is causing this. But WAIT, there's more: at knitting class, I happened to notice that the very tips of my knitting needles also have a pink hue to them. What gives?! I'm going to go ahead and assume that medically, I'm fine, since I have no other symptoms, but if anyone has any wisdom to offer me on why I'm suddenly the King freakin' Midas of pink, I'm all ears!

And speaking of King Midas... seriously? Can't I turn things to gold instead? Sheesh, what a gip!

2 comments:

Julie said...

haha, I have never heard of that before! Boys can wear pink too! Maybe a little pink polo with the collar poppin'.

Has Brian confirmed that these things are pink too? perhaps you are just SEEING pink.

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe the doctor was wrong and your daughter is trying to give you the heads up!