Anyway, so the owner of the store, Judy, showed us what type of needles to use and got us all set up. She taught us how to cast on (which I may have forgotten already) and to do a basic garter stitch. I messed up a lot. Kristy didn't mess up a lot but that's just because she was too busy making fun of me to get nervous like I was and make a mistake. She was very busy saying things like "Kristeen, you're not bad at knitting, you're just not smart." Gotta love her! It was fun-- knitting has a lot of language that can be skewed to be inappropriate apparently, because that's what kept me laughing all night long.
I'm headed to the couch to work on my homework (Homework?! C'mon it's summer!) now, and I'm really looking forward to next week.

5 comments:
so, is knitting your way of nesting? i have been baking from scratch a lot. for some reason, i have it in my head that a good mom can bake. knitting, however, i do not have the patience for! good luck with it:)
I tried knitting and gave up. It took me forever to figure out how to cast on and by that time I was so frustrated I gave up! Good Luck!
Now you just have to teach your Mom how to cast on the darn stitches...very slowly!
Yeah, good for you! People who knit love it, so it will be a great (and relaxing!) hobby. I'm always in awe of people with this talent, we received some amazing blankets when the boys were born, and I couldn't believe someone had actually knit them!
Kristeen... I just said I was smart not that you weren't.
I don't remember how to cast on... and I haven't gotten that far on my rows. Lukas kept pulling the yarn away from me saying "pull, pull... Lukas pullin.'"
I might have to pull an all nighter on tuesday night to get it done. Knitting class is stressing me out!
Post a Comment