
People think it's odd that I call Brian "My Girly Man." I don't call him this because he's literally girly (although I won't deny that he can be), but rather because when it comes to the stereotypical "male," Brian is just not like that. He's always understood some of the finer points of my feelings as a girl... he writes poems and draws me pictures instead of buying huge, expensive gifts; he cooks me chicken soup from scratch when I don't feel good, and he can actually talk about feelings.
Case in point: After listening to me whine, shout, and compain about my crappy doctor's appointment yesterday and how I didn't get to hear the heartbeat, he made a special stop at Babies-R-Us, which is 15 minutes from his school in the opposite direction of home, and then another 2o minutes home, and bought me a Graco Bebesounds Prenatal Heart Listener. He said something like "Now you don't have to be sad that you missed it, and you can hear it anytime." AND he stopped and got me a cup of coffee!
Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without that boy... every girl should have a "girly man."

4 comments:
How sweet. Do the machines work well? I have heard of them but have not heard any reviews. -Elaine
That's very sweet! We have one of those -- it never worked, I never could hear the boys' heartbeats using it. Might want to keep the receipt to return it, in case it turns out to be a bust for you, too... It's a great idea, in theory, but I don't think the doppler equipment is strong enough in this. But - Brian's idea was super sweet!
Brian is definitely a thoughtful guy. Now, all you have to do is work on that snoring.....:)
That is so sweet!!! How is it working?
Post a Comment