Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

My Mom is the Greatest!!

And so is my Hubs :) Today, Brian woke up feeling really sick to his stomach and just crappy in general. We were both a little crabby because Gretta felt the need to bring all her toys into bed last night and play like a cracked-out kitty at the wee hours of the morning. She kept pouncing on my belly, too. She's lucky I was to sleepy to throw her off the bed and lock her out.

Anyway, I digress. Brian suggested we go see Angels & Demons for the matinee price today (did you know a matinee is up to $7.50??). I thought it was a little weird seeing as he felt crappy, but I knew he's been wanting to see the movie, and it was something to do. We went to an 11:50 show, ran a few quick errands, and got home around 3:00.

As we backed into the driveway I caught a glimpse of a bag of plants on the deck, and I swear that I knew right away they were Lily of the Valley. Don't know how I knew, but I just and got all excited (They are my absolute favorite flower, ever.) THEN, I looked up a little and saw a completely set table, and 4 chairs on the deck. I kind of did a double take, thinking maybe we pulled into the wrong driveway. My mom had surprised me with a patio set (which I've wanted desperately for our deck, but refuse to spend money on right now). And Brian had gotten a few Lily of the Valley plants from a coworker. It was the best early birthday surprise EVER!! Our deck is now complete, and I'm so thrilled. We made a delicious grilled meal and had dinner out on the deck. And I got to smell my Lillies of the Valley the whole time to boot!! I'm a very happy, very lucky girl.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Aw, how fun! What a wonderful surprise. I think that Gretta is training you and Brian for impending parenthood and the late nights!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. Isn't it so funny that as we get older our birthday presents become so practical, but yet in many ways more meaningful?!-Elaine

Becky said...

Wait a min you had Friday off TOO? That is awesome, the schools down here don't have friday off (unless of course they were closed for swine flu.) As I recall you also got a laptop/almostkitten early birthday surprise... (of course that was SO early it probably doesn't count in the race for best ever early birthday suprise.)