I'll spare everyone the "I-can't-believe-he's-eight-months!" bit this month, but I can't deny I still feel that way. July 1st snuck up on me big time, so we're a bit late again this month. Shame on me :)
Let's see, what's the boy been up to? This month Carter traveled to Pennsylvania with Auntie Kim and I to visit our good friend, Deirdre, for lunch. He sat in the highchair at Panera and happily munched on a piece of Apple in his mesh feeder for the whole lunch. He also repeatedly threw his mesh feeder on the floor, at one point launching it so far that another customer kindly brought it back to our table. I overcame any germ issues I had that day after picking it up and returning it to him each time. Sure, it was probably dirty, but he was so happy!
We also got a new big-boy car seat, a new big-boy tub, and all sorts of fun toys. We've really been enjoying watching Carter's reactions to new things... he's very expressive! See exhibit A here: such attitude!
Likes:
- Dogs & Cats. I think this probably pertains to all animals who would let Carter near them, but so far this is his only real experience.
- Food: Puffs, Mum-Mums, most purees (he now likes everything but peas and avocado).
- His sippy cup. He's really beginning to master this technique, and he gets super excited when he sees it.
- His new car seat. I really think he does... at least more than the old one. he fights and screams much less when we stuff him in there.
- Great Grandma. She must radiate some sort of happy baby energy. It's ridiculous how much he squeals and flaps when he sees her.
- Playing with anything forbidden: remote, cell phone, scissors... they have to be hidden at all times now.
- Broccoli! We gave it to him as finger food and he seemed to really like it!
- Diaper changes. In fact at this point, we all hate them.
- Avocado. I mashed some up the other day and he gagged like there was no tomorrow.
- Cheese... and we almost sent him back for rejecting it. What member of our family doesn't like cheese?! To be fair, I introduced it at the same time as the avocado so maybe he was just turned off to everything at that point. But all I had to do was get it close to him -- close, not even touching -- and he gagged like crazy.
- Naptime. Oh, naps... SUCH a stressor right now. Maybe I'll write about that another time instead of getting all fired up about it here :)
- Sitting in any one place for too long... I think he'll be a lot happier once he's mobile. He's a very restless baby.
- Being afraid to take Carter out in public was silly. He's WAY better behaved and happier when we're out almost anywhere.

3 comments:
I will need to have a LONG chat with you about how to get over germ issues in public when I reach that time.
His expressions are too darn cute.
he is turning into a little person! i love watching him change. i cannot believe how much hair he has! maybe he can arrange some type of transplant to help annabelle out:)
elaine-you tend to get over the germ issue when your baby is cranky and crying because they need that teether that just fell on the floor. a crying baby provides a lot of motivation....especially when you are trying to enjoy a nice meal!
Julie-maybe I should invest in about 10 teethers so that if it falls on the floor I have back-ups and then when I get home I can clean them (I am not joking).
Post a Comment