Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

He's Growing Up!

There are so many things I want to post about, and so many pictures I want to share, but this is going to take priority because I just can't get over the cuteness enough to delay it.

Blue-eyed baby!

Carter is at an age now where he's doing something new every second. It's like you can't turn your head for more than a few seconds, or you've missed a first. He has very visual reactions to things, and he's constantly exploring his surroundings with all five senses. It's amazing, and some of it is downright hysterical.

One of the things he's recently begun to master is his pincer grip. Just a few days ago, we'd put Carter in his highchair and sprinkle some puffs for him to eat, and he'd just sit there and cry until we put some in his mouth for him. Today, he's doing it himself:



Another, very important thing he's realized is that he does like cheese. This is good, because if he'd ended up disliking cheese, I don't know how he would have grown up in this family. Here he is munching away on some colby.


I know all babies do this, and that most of the people who read this blog have been here and done it already, but I just can't help sitting in awe of him 100% of the time these days. I'm enjoying my time home with him this summer so much more now than when he was a newborn. He's so much fun right now!

Okay, enough sappiness. I'll leave you with this gem: remember when I said that sometimes it's downright hysterical? Well, here's your proof :)



4 comments:

Becky said...

mean teaser! these videos are private. FIX IT!

Becky said...

Hooray for FIXing It!

Anonymous said...

He is so hysterical to watch! He is one happy little boy!! I never get tired of just watching him look and touch everything with such excitement! G'ma Nancy

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I like how his one hand helps the other to get the puffs in...like c'mon get in there!!!

And his face eating cheese is so cute--like "wow mom why didn't you tell me cheese taste this good!!!"

He is always a happy boy with the biggest smile.