
37 weeks -- Today I am considered full term! Baby is still developing, but from this point on he's considered "mature," not "premature." This morning, I sat reading all this information before leaving for work, and what's stuck in my mind the most so far is that the average 37 week fetus is 6.5 pounds. Uh... yeah... my baby is 7.5 pounds (roughly.) Then, I read that babies at this point gain about a 1/2 pound a week from here on out. Super.
Am I ready to have this baby? No. Am I okay with waiting another 3 or 4 weeks and the potential of having a 9.5 pound baby? No!!
Logistically speaking, we're almost ready. I have a list of things we still need to do (Pack hospital bags, buy out necessary items on registry, get crib ready...) but that list is fairly short. Brian installed the car seats tonight and most of the really big stuff is done.
Emotionally speaking, I don't feel ready at all. But I really don't think I will feel ready until I actually have a baby to hold and denial is no longer possible. These final few weeks are so filled with the unknown that I find myself walking around in a cloud of anticipation, terror, denial, and impatience these days. I'm very excited though!

3 comments:
I love that little turkey already Kristeen! Just think...by next month this time ..or sooner..the hard part will be behind you! Then comes the fun/hard part! Mom
I bet few people are fully prepared. I am positive you are more prepared than you think you are. I hope that baby waits a little longer so that you can get those last minute things completed. Elaine
you posted this and weren't kidding, huh? Elaine
Post a Comment