Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Baby Shower for the Cooligan!

Let me start out by saying that this baby is very, very lucky... two showers have come and gone and the Cooligan is nearly all set to begin his life in the outside world. Our friends and family have already been generous in so many ways, and they just outdid themselves with gifts and supplies for this baby. Though he's still in utero, he must be able to feel how much he's loved. Even Brian's dad commented on how well the shower was done when he said something like "those girls really did a great job." Coming from the king of cynicism when it comes to girly things like showers, I consider this the ultimate compliment, and I agree with him. I really do have some of the best friends in the whole world. Clearly, I'm biased, but it was a pretty awesome shower!

I won't tell all the boring details of the shower, but here are some of the highlights in photos:

Becky, Myself and Kim-- these are the girls responsible for throwing the best shower ever.

My brother, Dan, who stayed the whole time, despite being the only guy there by choice.



The Great Grandparents to-be.

Custom thank you's made by my awesomely talented friend, Kristy.


Becky's adorable owl cupcakes.











Grandma and "Grumpa" Cool. (Proof that he had at least a moment of fun at the shower...)



Brian is ready to contend with a diaper: All dressed up in his "Daddy's Diaper Tool Belt," courtesy of Carol Washco.


Food!! And the baby carriage watermelon boat that I ripped off from Julie's shower because I thought it was so cute :)

5 comments:

Becky said...

Interesting! While many of those photos are my mothers, at least one of them I took...but I'm pretty sure I havn't sent them to you... Did you hack into my snapfish account again, or did my mother somehow slip my photos in with hers when she sent them?!?

Julie said...

30 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe her Aunt took the photos

Nice Blog Nice watermelon Boat that your mom made too.

Not too long now. And there will be a little Cool coming.

Becky said...

HACKER! What are best friends for, if not to know their likely passwords and hack into unimportant accounts for access to fun things?

But yes I'm sure some pictures are Aunt Stephanie's as well, and Kristeen probably had legitimate access to those!

Kristeen said...

I admit it publicly-- I did hack into Becky's snapfish account. I'm a bad friend, but I NEEDED those pictures!! But, I would like to state that she did give me the password a while back, and I know she doesn't care. I hope people don't think I seriously hack into their accounts... I'm not that crazy!