The past month has been a good one. We survived our trip to Kentucky and had a lot of fun while we were there. We also overcame some of our fears as they pertain to dealing with Carter out in public, so he's been out and about a lot more since that trip. Last weekend we carted him up to Buffalo to visit with Uncle Dan and the Shear Family. He did wonderfully with Dan and Dan's dog (who just wanted to keep licking him...) but had a pretty rough time with the Shear family (Brian's grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.). He screamed pretty much the whole time we were there, but I think he was just very overstimulated and very tired -- a rough combination for the little guy. Once we headed out, he slept for the entire 3 hour ride home.
Likes:
- Food! I hate to eat in front of him at this point... he just stares at the food. Last night I ate a turkey sandwich in front of him and he tracked that thing like his little life depended on it. He even started drooling and smacking his lips. The kid wants grown up food so bad...
- Having socks thrown at him... random I know. One day while I was cleaning and trying to entertain him, I started throwing balled up socks (his, since they're little) at his belly and he just cracked up into hysterics. He loves it!
- Being thrown into the air. And I swore I'd never do this...
- Blowing raspberries. He wont do it on command but, once he starts, its quite the lengthy ordeal.
- His favorite toy -- he is clearly developing preferences and favorites at this point.
- Grabbing himself as soon as he's diaperless -- such a guy! Saves us money on bath toys, however :)
- The snot sucker (nasal aspirator bulb). He recently had a minor cold and some congestion. Not fun for anyone involved.
- *sigh* Tummy time. It's still just such a fight.
- Sweet potatoes... I used to think he liked them, but lately, the crying while eating has been a clue!
- It's okay if he cries in public. No, it's not cute, and some people may be annoyed, but he's a baby, and that's what babies do.
- It's really okay to try new things with Carter, and there really is no manual for how to raise a baby... because it's not necessary. I'm not a huge fan of the trial-and-error, but in this case, it works for me!



4 comments:
I think it is cute how things work with Carter on the fly that you have tried (i.e. the socks) and that you were able to use positives from your trip to help make you feel more confident in your skills.
I am confident that I will struggle with the baby crying in public because I hate being looked at and I know this will be my biggest fear (besides germs).
He is always so happy-I LOVE the last picture. I can imagine you telling him a joke and this was his face. Keep the pictures coming!!!
i hear ya on the mommy knowledge. i stayed locked up in the house for a while in fear of annabelle crying in public. i realized i had to get out (for the sake of my own sanity), and when i did, i found that there were more people who were understanding than annoyed.
his cheeks are so red! warning! annabelle's cheeks get like that when she is teething! and i have jean overalls envy...i cannot find them for girls anywhere! hello! girls like overalls too!
I gotta see this kid soon!
I love this kid! I hope I get to SQUEEZE him next weekend!
Post a Comment