Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

A Walk in the Park

We've been taking a lot of family walks lately after school since the weather's so nice and because frankly it's about the only form of exercise I get lately since I refuse to spend my entire night at the gym. (The value of a night spent at the gym on a treadmill just doesn't compare to a night spent with the Hubbs and our boy.)

Tonight, we drove the 10 or so blocks to Sunnycrest Park to avoid the city walking, and then walked through the park and around the perimeter. We learned that Sunnycrest Park is really only composed of a golf course, the Henninger High School athletic fields and some cross country skiing trails -- not so exciting. Anyway, we hiked around for quite a while, and at least we got some cute pictures to share :)

Peeking over Daddy's Shoulder on our way into the park...


Heading back to the car after a long walk...and still a happy boy!


Smart babies wear sun protection!
(And mommy doesn't really exhibit a lot of photographic creativity with these shots, eh?)



Snugglin' with Daddy!

4 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

Oh I wish I could come along on your walk. It looks like everyone is having so much fun. I bet he looks forward to these walks and this time next year he will actually be walking on the walks with you-

Julie said...

awww. he loves his daddy! i just want to bite that meaty thigh in the last pic!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Kristeen! These pictures are priceless! That child loves being outdoors...especially with his Mom and Dad!
your Mom!

Erin said...

So cute! He looks like he enjoys your walks as much as you guys do -- you should buy a pair of the toning sneakers -- I got a pair a few weeks ago, and I definitely feel the difference in my legs/butt after a walk! Who knows if they actually work, but at least it's something, right??

Sam has the same Carter's onesie, I love it!