Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Adventures With a Sippy Cup.

Carter had his 6 month check up the other day, and one of the questions I had for Dr. Rosser was about sippy cups -- she said we should begin to introduce one, and it's a good time to begin giving him water since it's been so hot out. So of course I ran right out and bought one... not the type I want, but what I really want is to just do it... so the "right" type will just have to be introduced later. (Brian has always called me Instant Gratification Girl -- hmm, I wonder why?)

I gave it to Carter with just a little bit of water in it, and the boy was SO EXCITED! He clearly thought it was some new, exciting toy rather than a drink, but he seemed to know just what to do with it minus the you-have-to-tip-it-up-to-get-what's-inside part of the operation.

When he did get a bit of water (with some help from Mommy), he made the funniest face. Whether it was because he's never had water or because the water comes out of the cup faster than a bottle I don't know. But it was very entertaining for Brian and I -- A fun, humorous end to a long day. Here are the pictures:

Hmmm... what the heck is this thing?


I think I can grab these things on the side...


And eat them!! Nom nom...



No, that doesn't seem right. Maybe this green thing works?


This seems more like it...



Hey, this is kinda fun!


I did it, Mom, I did it!!


Look at me go!


4 comments:

Becky said...

Man that is one cute kid! I miss him.

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I agree with Becky, he is one cute kid!!!

WOW--sippy cups are started so early. I guess I thought it was started closer to a year. But I am still in worrying about the first few days so I haven't gotten past that stage yet.

He seems to enjoy it. What type of cup were you hoping to get?

Sarah B. said...

The pictures are so cute!!!! He is becoming such a big boy! What kind of sippy cut do you want???? Syler still doesn't really grasp the idea of a sippy cut.. But we are trying.. :-)

Unknown said...

His hair seems lighter... sippy cups are fun!

What did Brian do to his finger?