
(Sung, of course, to the tune of "I Feel Pretty.")
Today was a red letter day in the Cool household -- we cleaned. And when I say cleaned, I mean we cleaned this joint from top to bottom and (almost) everywhere in between, because it needed it, and it needed it badly. We got out the shop-vac and cleaned baseboards, corners, windowsills and doorjambs. We organized the kitchen shelves and washed out all the shelves and walls inside the refrigerator. I even cleaned the crumb tray from the toaster (obviously we meant business if the crumb tray got done!)
We organized the dreaded back room of our house, which also happens to be our entryway. We cleared the dining room table (a monumental task) of all the mail, garbage, baby stuff and papers that have been cluttering it for months now.
I put all my laundry away (also a monumental task) and vacuumed, swept and dusted the bedroom. I cleaned Carter's room top-to-bottom, which hadn't been done since he's been here. We put all of the 0-3 and 3-6 month clothing, all the swaddlers and snowsuits, and all the winter accessories that won't fit next year into Space Bags and re-organized the closet. We organized and dusted his shelves and put all the toys he is currently interested in in one location. I washed all of his teething/grasping toys to get his cold-cooties off them.
I also made baby food: sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, green beans and peaches with oatmeal. I froze them all into cubes, and then into labeled ziploc bags.
Whew!! No wonder I feel like I have been hit by a city bus today! I feel a little guilty -- we dropped Carter off at Grandma Nancy's house at about 9:30 this morning and didn't pick him up until 7:00pm, but I also feel thankful that we have this luxury. It feels so good to be sitting in a home that feels clean. Is it spotless? Nah -- that's just not our style. But it's no longer cluttered and chaotic to the point where my state of mind reflects that.
Ahhhh.... I never imagined I could enjoy cleaning so much!

3 comments:
Kristeen! I've been wanting to do that for SO long, just drop Alexander off with one of the grandmas and just go nuts in our apartment. You have totally inspired me to make it happen!
Thanks so much for blogging about this,
Stephanie
Your peace of mind is important and I am sure that g-ma fully enjoyed her time with Carter and wouldn't mind if it became a more regular thing.
It sounds like you earned yourself a GOLD STAR for working so hard today. You did a lot of things today. I hope you treated yourself to an ice cream afterward!
Grandma Nancy totally enjoyed the whole day with Carter! So did my parents! Any time we get to spend with him is a wonderful day! :)
Post a Comment