
Last time we went to get Carter's two month shots, we ended up with all the drama regarding his boil (which, thanks to my friend Kristy, we now refer to affectionately as Susan... as in Susan Boyle... clever girl.) Today, Dr. Rosser said "Susan" looks 100% better. She was pleased with the way it looked, and that he'd gained a fair amount of weight in a week. Despite all the drama, antibiotics, and annoying hot compresses (he hates them), he's doing well! The boy's a trooper.
He's a little charmer at these appointments. People at the office just LOVE him. First they love him because of his name, and then they just go wild over his smiles. He eats the attention up too, so he just sprawls out, relaxes and smiles away. Our nurse kept telling us how much she wants to take him home today. Then, when we tell them about his current sleep habits, they go even crazier. We are pretty lucky with that-- I'll take 9-10 hours a night... no sweat! I'm sure this wont last forever, so I'm enjoying it while it does last.
Anyway, we started with the rotavirus vaccine, which is given orally. He sucked it down in no time... Seriously we used to joke that he'd eat anything out of a bottle, and we were right. In the past few weeks he's taken nasty vitamins, cherry flavored antibiotic, and this vaccine. I'm a little afraid of what our grocery bills will look like someday. He screamed like a banshee when he got his other three vaccines, and was fussy when we got home, but then about an hour later he was all smiles again. He went to sleep about an hour ago with no issue.
Hopefully we're done with doctors until our next appointment in March!



5 comments:
At first I was like wow--he already convinced his mom to let him get tattoos...man he must be a charmer!!! HA HA HA!!!
Glad to hear that things went well because I heard shots are not fun at all.
Glad that this appointment went as planned, and that Carter (and Mommy!) handled the shots without a problem. It's no fun, but at least it's over with really quickly!
i don't know what it is about these pics, but carter looks a lot more "filled out"....in a good way, of course! (not like in matt's obese baby pic)
i hate it when the nurse puts on band-aids. what purpose do they serve? when i take them off annabelle, they just end up hurting more than the shots!
I am going to steal him!
Wow...he has grown sooo much since xmas!! And what a little "charmer" he so has his Daddy's cool..:)
Post a Comment