The days are better than the nights so far-- at night I tend to just get completely overwhelmed by he whole situation and cry A LOT. But when day comes, we have fun and go with the flow. Despite my overwhelmed feelings, hormonal craziness, and feeling like I know nothing of what I need to know to be successful in this, I am genuinely happy to have Carter home and to be a mom.
In triage after the C-Section:

In our recovery room. Love this boy!

My amazing husband cuddling with his boy. (This picture makes me weepy-- never in my life have I been so grateful for another human being, I don't think. Brian is amazing.)

The sign Brian made for our door in Recovery. The nurses all thought his first name was Cooligan. We're not that cruel!!

Open eyes!!

9 comments:
Oh Kristeen!!! Carter is so precious!!!! I love the monkey pajamas. Too cute!!! I love all the pictures, especially the ones with you with your glasses on while holding Carter and the one with Brian & Carter... This the time where you and Brian really need to continue working as a team. Things will get easier. I promise..
I feel confident that within a few days you will begin to develop some level of normalcy. I can only imagine how overwhelming it can be and I feel confident in your abilities as well as your support team who is there to provide encouragement when you are feeling unsure of what to do.
I cannot wait to meet him. How long is Brian off from school?
Elaine
i love his little arm stretch! he's like, "i have all this room now!" he is so precious, and i am loking forward to meeting him and seeing him grow.
that pic of brian made me tear up a little too! the pink blanket really adds to his vulnerability:)
plus, he made you nice and thin again on that door sign....good man!
Your little ticker says 13 days to go! Ha!
I live his little spikey hair!
The nights help if you can do it in shifts.. Brian takes one and you take the next... or just make Brian do it all! :) You do need to rest and heal up!!! :)
you are doing so great! He is now 5 days old and you still want to keep him!! i love him. i cant wait until thanksgiving so i can see him again...keep up the blog i need pictures weekly!!!
I promise the crying will slow down..but for now let it flow honey. You will feel better for it! He is soooo beautiful. xo Mrs. J
Happy 1 week birthday! Elaine
He is adorable! I'm glad you are all doing well!
Her is so adorable and so good natured! He knows his Mom and dad's voice and just loves being cuddled! That has been my job and it is SO HARD!!! :) Grandma Nancy
Post a Comment