Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Close Encounters with a Teething Cookie

I hope no one's getting sick of pictures... We Cools are pretty camera-happy.

At our last appointment with the pediatrician, she said that once Carter masters sitting up unassisted, we could introduce small finger foods. We bough him baby Mum Mum's, but since he insists on punching everything that gets to his mouth, he broke it into pieces that seemed a little too big to me. We also started Puffs, which is funny enough to warrant it's own post, if I can catch it on video.

So, today we introduced Carter to teething biscuits. He's been "teething" for months now (at least we've though so... he has no teeth yet) and the biscuits are so hard I wasn't worried about him getting a big piece. There's not much to say about how it went other than that he liked it, so I'll leave you with the pictures, which pretty much say it all:

He started out a happy, clean baby!


Sporting the beginnings of a cookie beard.


Notice the balled up fist. This kid's got quite the right hook.


Nom Nom!!


And again with the fist.


Eating a teething cookie is a head-to-toe experience!


With a face this cute, it doesn't matter how big a mess you make!

6 comments:

Becky said...

We never tried the teething biscuits.

That boy has some pretty eyes.

Erin said...

He is very cute. Beware of the teething biscuits -- I thought they wouldn't be able to break off pieces because the biscuits are so hard. Wrong. That was the first time I had to use the baby Heimlich.

Sarah B. said...

I agree with Becky.. He has some beautiful blue eyes... It seems that he really enjoyed the biscuit! :-)

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I think he broke out the fist because you were getting too close to his cookie and he doesn't want to share. Maybe I may try one if they are that good---ha ha ha

Julie said...

Love the pics! never stop! carter has such beautiful eyes!

however, i would like to add that the pic of the cankles covered in biscuit mush is just too funny. partly because of the cankles, but mostly because the biscuit looks like a turd.

Anonymous said...

You so make me me laugh Julie! I love your sense of humor!! :)
nancy