Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Walk-Along for Lupus: Success!


Last weekend was our Walk-Along for Lupus in Syracuse. Thank you ever so much to those who donated -- Brian and I raised $375 to contribute to the over $15,000 made by the event in total. That's a lot of money to help families and individuals dealing with Lupus!

Carter wore his "I'm nuts about grandpa" shirt to show his support for Grumpa Cool :)

It was a successful day all around. Brian, Carter and I met Brian's mom Kyle and her neighbor Darlene at the mall around 8:30. We walked most of the walk with the crowd (which was huge, considering there was very little advertising for this event) and then took a detour to another level of the mall so everyone could get a preview of the shopping to come after the walk was done.
We even got lucky... Brian and I spent about $15 on tickets for a silent auction at the event, and left after winning three (yes, three!) baskets out of probably 15 that were available. We won a $50 basket of lottery tickets, a basket with wine and chocolate and --my personal favorite-- a Syracuse Crunch jersey signed by the entire team, with a little flag signed by the goal tender, Kevin LaLande. Yay!! Fitting prize when you consider our intense love of Crunch hockey.

Carter made it from 8:30 until about 2:00 at the mall with only one minor meltdown when he was tired and didn't particularly feel like sleeping in his car seat. Poor Brian paced the hallways of the mall while we shopped for shoes :)

All in all, it was a great day, and I'm so glad we did it. Thanks again for your support!!


3 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I don't think Brandon could last that long as the mall without a few meltdowns himself!!!!!

Glad to hear that you were able to raise a great amount of money for a good cause.

Becky said...

Horray! Great pics of the little guy. I can't wait to spend some QT with him next month!

Julie said...

not sure if it is his proximity to the camera in that last pic, but he looks enormous!!!!