I made baby pants!! See how far my knitting talents have come? Remember this post?
I swear I won't make Carter wear homemade pants to school, but right now while he's too little to complain, I fully plan on making more clothing.
Here are some of the other things I've made since I began knitting:
A cabled hat for Brian. This was a very complicated pattern, and I swore many a time while making it. Turns out, Brian's allergic to the yarn, so it never gets used. Fabulous.
I made this simple (but cute!) hat for myself right after Carter was born, in attempt to regain my sanity to some degree :)
I just finished this cabled hat for Dan (I like hats, can you tell? They're easy.)
Knitting has definitely become my "me time" activity of choice. Brian often complains that I have the hobbies of an 80 year old woman, and maybe I do. But, since his activity of choice is playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii, which is the hobby of a 12 year old boy, I figure we average out nicely :) At least my hobby is productive, right? I proudly admit it... I'm a dork.

10 comments:
your skills have come a far way in a short time---wow!!! The class I was taking fell through but i am still so interested in taking a class and disappointed that it is taking longer than I thought.
Haha, I LOVE it! That is too funny. And you are very talented! I love the expressions on Carter's face -- like, "C'mon Mom! I might be a baby right now, but these pictures will last forever!"
i really like the blue hat with the buttons. if you ever feel super bored, i would love one like that but GREEN! you know how i love green:) seriously, i will pay you!
and by the way, i just happen to love lego star wars for wii!!! i never knew brian and i had so much in common:)
also, carter looks a lot like brian in that 2nd pic!!
I laughed & laughed. You are indeed a dork and we love you for it. Who else could deal with the Cool family humor. Kyle
You are the sweetest and most talented nerd I ever knew!! I'll pay you for Brian's hat and then you can make him another one that doesn't make him itch!! You are pretty awesome Kristeen.
OOPS!! I meant DORK...but you still are the best!
I am impressed! I have my learn to knit & crochet kits sitting in the boxes still.
I do have to say though, Carter looks much different (older) in the most recent photos. He has so many expressions!
I love the hats and Carter's little pants!!!! They all came out so great!!! Makes me want to get into knitting..
Wow Kristeen. Dork doesn't even come close to the embarassment that Carter's going to have when we give him the great pictures of him when you tortured him in these GREAT clothes at his graduation etc. Luckily he has a great set of parents even as dorky as they may be at times
Post a Comment