Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

My Boys

A few days ago, Carter and I had a particularly rough day. This was before Christmas break started, and Carter had been absolutely miserable all day long. He cried most of the day, wouldn't go down for a nap, didn't want to walk around... the only things that made him happy were eating, and laying on my chest with my finger in his mouth. By the time Brian got home I was pulling my hair out and Carter and I were both crying. So once I passed him off to Brian, he understood my frustration and let me have some much needed time off.

Later, as I was headed up to bed after Carter's last feeding, I found this:

Brian was lying on the floor with Carter, reading Hop On Pop. Carter was laying there with him content as can be, and gazing happily at the book. It was the cutest thing I've seen, and it made my entire day. This boy loves his daddy-- How could he not??

Honestly, I'd be thrilled if my son grew up to be just like his daddy (Minus the crazy antics of the college days...) I'm a very blessed wife and mother... my boys are my world. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you see that Carter's mood shifts at night but may not totally be tied to Brian coming home? Maybe you can make a Brian mask and wear it during the day!!!!!

Although I had no doubt that Brian would be a hands on dad, it is still so amazing to know that he is able to take Carter so that you can have your time to yourself.

PS..Is Brian moonlighting as a new profession in his scrubs?

Kristeen said...

Haha, I wish he was, Elaine-- then maybe we could pay off some student loans... but no. He loved the scrubs he got to wear in the hospital during he C-Section, so my mom bought him some to wear at home. He wears them almost every night now.

Erin said...

I'm glad that Brian and Carter seem to have such a bond -- but maybe Elaine is on to something, too. Maybe Carter naturally calms down around that time of day -- don't tie too many extra emotions to things where they don't need to be! :)

See you soon!

Julie said...

it looks likes carter is really into that book! so sweet.

Becky said...

Love his pj's Mama..little polar bears..very cute!