Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Apparently BOTH Our Hearts Belong to Daddy.


All day long for the past few days, Carter has been miserable. He'll sleep if I work at calming him down, but only for about an hour and then it's back to the crying. The only things that seem to make him happy at all are eating (which I can only take for so long) and laying on me while sucking on my finger. No pacifier will do... it must be my finger, and he must be laying on his side, on my chest. This makes for a pretty frustrating day, and I find myself counting down the time till Brian comes home. By 4:00 I'm at my wit's end.

And then, miraculously, he is happy. Seriously, it's like the minute I hand him off to Brian, he's a different baby. Holy Cybil... He stares intently at Brian for long periods of time and just gives him smile after smile. He makes happy, excited noises instead of screaming or crying. He absolutely LOVES his daddy.

Luckily, I do too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried the formula during the day?

Oh and why is Brian in scrubs?

Becky said...

These pictures are so sweet!! Colin used to get super excited when Sean came home too.. A built in mechanism so Dads will willingly take over for tired mommies.

Julie said...

he is so happy to see his daddy!

Erin said...

So cute, yet so aggravating. When my boys yells for "DADDY!!" from their cribs, I always think, "WHO usually gets you out of bed, changes your diaper, gives you milk, etc., etc., etc??!" GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE.

Becky is right, it's some sort of nature-mechanism kicking in so that fathers develop a bond with the baby and don't abandon them in the woods. :)

Nicole said...

I love the pictures!

JJ said...

Oh Erin.."you" are hysterical!! I've never looked at it quite like that...very funny stuff!!