Carter Frederick Cool

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Houston, we may have movement!

I *think* that I've begun to feel the baby move!! While I'm not 100% sure, I'm becoming more and more convinced that what I'm feeling isn't just a gas bubble.

Last night while lying in bed reading, I felt a little jab about 2 inches to the left and maybe an inch below my belly button. I chalked it up to gas, thinking that this was way too high to be the baby. However, after I felt this about 5-6 times in the exact same place, I started to think otherwise. I told Brian what was going on, and he immediately went and got the heart monitor he bought me (which, by the way, doesn't work for me yet) and tried to hear something since we knew approximately where the baby might be. He was too funny. He kept moving the stethoscope further and further to the left until I had to laugh at him and tell him he was literally on top of my hipbone, and that it was physically impossible for the baby to be there. He scowled at me and continued to move around... until he was right up under my ribcage. I congratulated him on finding my liver and asked him how it sounded -- Silly boy! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Feeling movement is very exciting! It probably was the baby....the first time I felt her, I wasn't sure either. However, my little one doesn't kick very often. I liked feeling the kicks......but now it feels weird because she doesn't have room to kick so I will feel her elbow (or whatever it is) rub across my insides. Sometimes she will get wedged in an uncomfortable position as well. Sometimes I wonder if the baby is scared that her world is closing in on her. Anyway, feeling movement is reassuring because you know that there really IS something in there. I cannot wait to see baby Cool. I also cannot wait to find out the gender!! girl girl girl!

Erin said...

Aw, how exciting! It probably was the baby.