Becky gave u
s this toy (Baby Einstein Takealong Tunes) because she always had a ton of luck calming Colin down in the car with it. I always just thought it was a coincidence, but for 2-3 months now, we've been employing it in much the same way. Carter starts to scream, we break out the "baby crack toy," and he calms right down... maybe just for the duration of one song, but that's enough to take a breath and regain enough sanity to keep going.
Then, a few weeks ago, we remembered that we have another toy (Fisher Price Laugh & Learn: Learning Puppy), given to us by Brian's assistant, Elaine. It's meant for older kids, but it sings and lights up much like the baby crack toy. He LOVES it. We set it in front of him and push different paws to activate the music and most of the time he just smiles and talks away to it.
Here are a couple of videos of Carter enjoying his puppy friend :) The first one I love because at the end, he looks right at the camera and smiles (such a charmer), and the second is just cute. No real point to these videos except for the cuteness.

4 comments:
I am very impressed with Brian's ability to help Carter point out body parts.
Brandon tried to learn some "baby" songs on the guitar because I said pretty soon that is about the extent of rockin' out we will hear.
I will definitely be purchasing both of those toys you names!!!!
so precious! i miss him. we must get toegethr!
I'm going to say it. I want to SQUEEZE HIM! That little machine was a life saver for us. I got that puppy for Lukas at some point. Kristy said it was possessed and would randomly turn itself on. Might not want to leave it in the same room with a sleeping baby. Talk about inducing a fear of monsters in the closet!
I so love hearing him sing and talk. He definitely loves anything musical!
I missed him today! Six days is going to be too long before I see him. Grandma needs a Carter hug! :)
Post a Comment